We have a dedicated department to promote Canterbury as a global attraction. With it's cathedral, museums, nightlife and the surrounding coastal towns of Whitstable and Herne Bay, Canterbury is visited by people from all across the world.
What we do
We run several schemes to help market the district. The Visit Canterbury partnership scheme opens the door for local businesses to a wide range of promotional, training and networking benefits available only to partners whilst also joining together to support the destination as a whole.
To help drive visitors to your tourism business you can apply to have a tourist information sign erected pointing to your location. This scheme is managed by Kent County Council (KCC). To apply or get more information please see the Visit Kent website.
For all other information concerning tourism in Canterbury, including details of attractions, hotels and more please visit the tourism website.
You can download a Visit Canterbury app here. This includes:
- a full events listing,
- information about top attractions,
- details of where to eat and drink whilst in the district,
- accommodation providers, and
- special offers.
Additional functionality includes:
- locate me,
- notifications of the latest offers, events and news,
- book a taxi from your current location,
- share details of your visit on Facebook and Twitter,
- barcode and QR scanner, and
- augmented reality.