Parks and gardens
Admire the colourful displays of flowers, watch a band play in the park, sit quietly by the river, play safely with your children, walk in the shade of a magnificent avenue of limes, discover secret wildlife in the towns or play a game of tennis.
Places to visit in the Canterbury district
View Places to visit in Canterbury, Herne Bay and Whitstable in a larger map
These are just some of the activities you can do in Canterbury City Council's parks and open spaces.
The services we provide include:
- The development of policies and strategies for parks and gardens
- Planned improvements for parks and open spaces
- Open spaces strategy
- Actively engaging with local people in the management of parks and open spaces
- Support for friends groups
- Support for the In Bloom Campaign
- Management of allotments (directly managed and partnership sites)
- Improvements to play areas
- Application for memorial benches
Report a problem
Contractors carry out certain jobs on behalf of the council, please contact Serco to report a problem with a park, tree, water feature, park access, park keeper service, play area, building or structure or an open space.