Paperless housing benefit and council tax support notifications
You can now receive your housing benefit and council tax support notifications by email instead of post.
It is important to remember the following:
- You must check your email account regularly.
- You must tell us straight away, in writing, if you change your email address, or if your account becomes inactive.
- You must check your notifications carefully and always tell us straight away, in writing, if any of your circumstances are different to what is in the letter.
- You must adjust your spam filters so that any email where the senders email address includes "@canterbury.gov.uk" will not be treated as spam, and instead is delivered to your inbox.
- Emails are not a secure method of communication as they may be intercepted, and may lead to criminals obtaining information about you. To minimise this risk, we will not include sensitive information such as National Insurance numbers, bank account numbers, or dates of birth in the letter.
We will send your letters in a PDF (Portable Document Format) file. You will need a PDF viewer, like Adobe Acrobat Reader to read them